Health Benefits of Aloe Vera

Have you ever asked yourself why aloe vera features prominently as a key ingredient in your everyday beauty, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical products?

Aloe vera finds great use in different places across the world. It has numerous health benefits when consumed as a juice or used as an ointment. Its wide availability in tropic, subtropic, and dry climates makes it the easiest plant to find globally. Research support the use of this plant for different purposes.

Skin Care

Aloe vera contains vitamin A and C, enzymes, and antioxidants that play a key role in skin care. Aloe vera particularly slows down skin aging, prevents, and remedies wrinkling. The aloe vera gel also prevents the development of fine lines among young people. These fine lines eventually develop into wrinkles as people grow older. The plant achieves this by boosting the manufacture of collagen that improves skin tightening and elasticity.

Acne Prevention/Management

Aloe vera has antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent acne breakouts. Aloe vera gel also helps clear acne and repair the skin in people who already have this condition. The benefit of aloe vera is captured in study, which demonstrated that using topical medications alongside aloe vera gel led to better treatment outcomes.

Wound and Burn Healing

Aloe vera plays a vital role in wound and burn healing. The benefit is attributed to the antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of the aloe vera gel. Besides, aloe vera helps in wound and burn healing because it has a moisturizing and cooling effect. The gel particularly appears effective in reducing the period of healing in people who have sustained first and second-degree burns.

Better Digestive Health

The consumption of aloe vera in the form of a juice can improve digestive health and help in the treatment of disorders of the digestive system. The plant contains enzymes that improve the digestion of fats and sugars. As a result, this leads to better functioning of the digestive system. The consumption of the aloe vera juice can also assist in reducing stomach discomfort and managing diseases such as the irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis. The juice also relieves heartburn and gastric ulcers because it helps in regulating acid production in the stomach.

Blood Sugar Regulation

The intake of aloe vera juice is key to lowering blood sugar levels. A recent study showed that consuming 2 tablespoons of the Aloe vera extract daily for two weeks significantly reduced blood glucose levels in people with diabetes.

Lower Triglyceride Levels

Taking aloe vera juice leads to a significant improvement in triglyceride levels. A recent study revealed that consuming 2 tablespoons of this juice three times every day for about 12 weeks caused a significant decrease in serum triglycerides. Thus, taking aloe vera juice can help prevent the development of the heart disease.

20 comments for “Health Benefits of Aloe Vera

1. August 24, 2020 at 5:05 pm

I love Aloe Vera, I use it on my hair when after every conditioner. So I have a spray bottle of Pure Aloe Vera I get from Whole Foods, I spray that into my hair, then I next apply leave-in and lastly I lock the moisture from the Aloe Vera in with any kind of light oil.

Liked by 3 people

• August 24, 2020 at 5:15 pm

Thank you for your comment. I am glad that you have firsthand experience with aloe vera. It works miracles even with the skin such as clearing acne and blackspots.

Liked by 1 person

2. August 24, 2020 at 5:25 pm

can you send me your twitter page, the link isn’t taking me there and I have my twitter open.

Liked by 1 person

• August 24, 2020 at 5:30 pm

At the moment, I haven’t opened a twitter page for this site.

3. September 3, 2020 at 6:07 pm

On occasion, I have even used aloe Vera on sunburned skin. 🌿🍃🌾

Liked by 1 person

4. September 4, 2020 at 6:40 am

I love aloe Vera Juice. Every day morning I have it with aloevera &Amla juice in plain luke warm water!

Liked by 2 people

• September 4, 2020 at 6:55 am

Thank you for sharing your firsthand experience. I am glad you can confirm that aloe vera has numerous health benefits.

5. September 10, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Great for external use for sure, but its taste is intolerable!

Liked by 2 people

• September 10, 2020 at 11:12 pm

I agree with you that aloe vera juice can have an unpleasant taste when drunk alone. For this reason, you can add to smoothies and shakes to make it more pleasant.

6. September 16, 2020 at 7:54 pm

Thank you for following my blog!

Liked by 3 people

• September 16, 2020 at 8:08 pm

You’re welcome. You can check out more articles on my blog. Thank you!😊

7. September 29, 2020 at 12:40 am

i love this plant… I have this at home. This is a must-have plant in every household. It is not only good for hair and skin but also can be useful as first aid for mild burn injury…

Liked by 2 people

• September 29, 2020 at 9:48 am

I agree with you that aloe vera is very effective in promoting wound healing particularly because of its its antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory, antiseptic properties. Besides, aloe vera has pain-relieving and soothing effect.

Liked by 1 person

8. November 14, 2020 at 5:41 am

Aloe vera is the best burn medication.

Liked by 1 person

9. November 14, 2020 at 5:41 am

For light burns* 😇

Liked by 1 person

10. November 23, 2020 at 7:17 pm

despite its bitter and highly unpleasant taste, Aloe vera can improve your oral health!

Liked by 1 person